Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Preacher's Wife


So today we are working the preacher's wife look- a challenge given by my sister (who is herself a preacher's wife). We all came at it from different angles and I say all, because we have our first guest player today. Woo Hoo!

Casie's look:





I decided to be inspired by my sweet sister, Lisa dawn. She always always looks so put together and has matching accessories for every outfit. She likes to wear cheery colors, and as you can see from this photo, she likes her family to all match. I heart her a lot. So I decided to go with a cheerful floral skirt and nice blouse. I think it looks very ladylike (which is what I think of when I think of a Southern preacher's wife- which is mostly what I know).

skirt- thrifted
blouse- ABS and thrifted
belt- given to me by Ali
shoes, necklace-Ebay
bracelet- Stella & Dot
earrings- Target

Ali's look:









Ali decided to pay homage to conservative religious ladies across the board. Her look is particularly reminiscent of orthodox jewish and pentecostal ladies- both of whom believe in the liberal application of long skirts and denim in their wardrobes. Plus she is working a bible-esque gladiator sandal. Nice!

skirt- Nordstrom
t-shirt- Target
vest- Old Navy
sandles- payless
jewelry- renegade Drop earrings, infinity and signature clove necklaces- all Stella & Dot http://stelladot.com/sites/ali

Our guest, Hannah:





Hannah (along with my husband- they both thought of it, so I guess it was destined to be) thought of tomorrow's challenge theme. She, being modern and with-it, decided to go lady preacher. She doesn't need a man to spread the gospel of fashion. Her jacket and ruffled blouse are very reminiscent of a woman of the pulpit. Thanks, Hannah, for playing along!

all clothing- Forever 21
shoes- Soda
watch- Fossil
necklace- Dogeared


Tomorrow's challenge: flight attendant

No comments:

Post a Comment