Monday, August 22, 2011

Over the Rainbow





It is an iconic song... I have a confession to make. I don't like the Wizard of Oz. I don't have a good reason. I just don't. I mean, it has been recorded plenty of times by folks other than Miss J.G. and apparently it is a Korean, brat pack style film,


* I was unaware that stardom was youth's perpetual pursuit. The movies educate.

but most people think Wizard of Oz if you say over the rainbow. So all dislike of a certain movie aside, I still approached the challenge with gusto.

Casie's look:


* the hubz got this pic of me plus daughter #2- he got us, and my little dog too
(bwa ha ha- get it?)





You remember the scene at the end of the Wizard of Oz where the Wizard and Dorothy fly off in a hot air balloon? I don't remember exactly what happened there, but I don't think that worked, right? Well, I happen to have one just entirely fabulous Anna Sui hot air balloon skirt. That is also a bubble skirt so what could be bad, right?

skirt- Anna Sui, Anthropologie
top- thrifted

necklace- clothing swap
shoes- Payless

I may be the only participant today, but if others send me pics, I will update.

Well, that was fast. Windy is playing today too.
Windy's look:



Tin Man chic. Check out her rad robot moves. I think this look has real heart (bad joke, sorry, i couldn't help myself).

Tank – j Crew thrifted from Goodwill
Shoes – Banana R thrifted from Goodwill
Hat – a gift
Jewelry – Stella & Dot

Tomorrow's challenge: heavy metal

No comments:

Post a Comment