Monday, October 17, 2011

Volcanic

Volcanoes make me think of several things. Among them, baking soda and vinegar experiments, and sacrificial virgins. But I digress....on to the fashion!

Tress' look:



"The dress represents the ashes and the sweater the orange lava."


Casie's look:



I kind of wanted to do obsidian, but I did not have any shiny black clothes that I could incorporate to make a decent look. Instead, I went for volcanic ash. I used to have this little souvenir packet of volcanic ash from Mount St. Helens that someone gave me. It was fascinating to my childhood self. Mostly because volcanoes seemed like things that should only be on tropical islands or something.

Skirt- Hanna Anderson, thrifted
shirt- gift
shoes- Chadwicks's, Ebay
necklace- Stella & Dot, gift
hair flair- made by me!


Kim's look:

"For our volcanic day, I immediately thought of black smoke with touches of red and gold lava! Sweater Banana Republic, Pants Tahari, Sweater INC and jewelry by Stelland Dot."

Jillian's look:




"Today I went with volcanic ash and cooled lava as my inspiration. I particularly thought this Stella & Dot necklace evoked the ash clouds. Dress and shoes: Banana Republic."

Kaitanya's look:






Don't you just love the sleek, glassy, inkiness of obsidian? I used to collect rocks and obsidian was some of the shiniest fabulousness I had. It appeals to the magpie in me. Oh, SHINY!

Tuesday challenge: Diane Keaton

No comments:

Post a Comment