Thursday, October 13, 2011

Circus! Circus!



I used to fantasize that I was on Circus of the Stars. I would of course, learn trapeze and would have a glamorous, sparkly outfit. I would probably fall in love with my instructor and everyone would think I was awesome. I also used to do tricks in the front yard of my house with my sister, Kimberly, in the hopes that a talent scout would discover us for some circus/vaudeville review. Somehow, it never happened. The world is cruel...

Tress' look:



Tress was inspired by the circus colors of red, black and white. Interestingly enough, just last night I watched the episode of Project Runway where the challenge was circus inspiration. It was a coincidence of fashionistic proportions.

Dress from TJ Maxx
Shoes Payless


Casie's look:



I have learned from Chelsea that you should not be afraid to use an office product in order to enhance your "game photo". This is me pretending to be the ringmaster with a whip from the novel. But I am smiling because I could not figure out how to pose (if I am that ringmaster, then my secret is that I am a dork). And yes, that is an extension cord or a printer cable or something. But I would really like to think I am bringing sexy back, ringmaster style like Marlene.

jacket and skirt- thrifted
boots- Walmart


Chelsea's look:




"I think Circus, I think scary clowns. Then I think ringmaster. When I think Ringmaster, I think shorty-pants and boots and elaborately embroidered shoulders. Best I can do with one hand. Hoorah the circus!! Top is anthropologie and the pants and boots are, well, the same as pirate day. I told you I always look like a pirate!"


Jilli's look:




"It is supposed to be 100 degrees today in Burbank, which eliminated my aspiration of ringmaster. So, I went with trapeze artist instead. Sparkly top from H&M with a bit of extra neck sparkle courtesy of Stella & Dot. Skirt (cover up stand-in) from Target, and shoes Corso Como. I made my best attempt at a ta-da! pose too!"

Friday challenge: Facts of Life (the tv show, not a sex talk)

No comments:

Post a Comment