Monday, October 24, 2011

The Lion King



It is timely that the ENVELOPE let loose with this theme right now. Didn't a Lion King reissue just happen or is about to happen or something? All I know is that I bawled my head off when I saw this film. Why does Disney like to kill parents? WHYYYYYYYY? But the music is just about as lovely as it gets. So I will sing it, but I won't watch it no more. And I will dress like it fo sho.


Casie's look:






I went Rafiki today too. I sort of thought I was being unique, but apparently, he is a fan fave. I am wearing my loverly African print maxi skirt with a blue top and red necklace (cuz the blue and red parts is my favorite parts on the monkey dude).

skirt- Anthropologie
necklace- Ebay
sweater- thrifted
shoes- Target


Tress' look:



"My inspiration was Rafiki. I have a grey sweater dress with an african inspired necklace that I turned into a bracelet."
Dress: Kohls
Tights: Target
Bracelet/Necklace: Maurice's, I think.




Chelsea 2's look:



SHE'S BACK. HOORAH!

"This is very Nala inspired-ish: Diba boots, skinny jeans, Express tank, my favorite lioness UGG coat and a lovely necklace from Etsy I just got for my BDAY!!"

Rachelle's look:


Pretty, pretty Nala look. Man, I want some cool wooden beads like that.


Michelle's look:


I love this take on Rafiki. All the right colors and the sweater is a total monkey fur winner.

Kim's look:



"I was fortunate enough to be able to attend a special Disney employee seminar several years ago, where I got to dress up as a character. My character was Rafiki, so he of course, is my favorite Lion King character. To celebrate his coloring, I chose grey Tahari slacks paired with a white Summer Rose sweater. I chose my blue Silpada pendant and earrings to pick up his face coloring! And of course, open toed Donald J Pliner sandals because no wild animal would wear shoes!"

Tuesday challenge: Be French. Oui,oui!

No comments:

Post a Comment