Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Beetlejuice




I lurve this movie. It is macabre without being gross or too scary. I, being a lover of Halloween and all things sort of spooky or witchy or ghosty or pumkiny, would like to jump into this movie and have a look around. Except I wouldn't want to see the scary desert with the strange worm/serpent/eat your face off thingees.


*That just doesn't sound like good, clean fun.*

Windy's look:




"Dress is Velvet Torch, I think I got it at Nordstrom’s junior dept. Stella & Dot jewelry indicates the chains that he was in until someone said his name. By the way, the pink across my shoulders is not part of the outfit, it is kinesiology tape that I got after my pt appointment today."

Casie's look:




Delia Deetz in the bomb diggity. I decided to be kin of inspired by a cross between her and lydia. A black and white and clunky shoe and sort of 80's print bit of mish mash. I was up till all hours last night trying to craft a piece of hair flair made from a glove like Delia's headband. Alas I was not willing to sacrifice a glove to the cause and could not seem to make it work without hot glue. I liked the splashes of green cuz I feel like they look kind of snakey and Tim Burton-esque as a color scheme with black and white. One of my favorite movie quotes ever, spoken by Delia,

I'm here with you. I will live with you in this hellhole, but I must express myself. If you don't let me gut out this house and make it my own, I will go insane, and I will take you with me!

(said with that tinge of crazy only spoken by truly crazy people- like me!)



Jilli's look:







"For Beetlejuice, I went with black and white, with red accents. It is supposed to be too hot today for a suit!!!"

shirt: H&M
pants: Gap
shoes: Anne Klein
necklace: Claire's
ring: James Avery
bracelet: Banana Republic

Wednesday challenge: Asian Influence

1 comment:

  1. Yay Beetlejuice! I need to rewatch that movie. I remember loving it as a kid but my mom walking out of the theater because she HATED it so much. :) I think it would be fun to see it from an adult's perspective. Especially to see if the lady that smoked out of her neck is as charming now as she was then.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete