Monday, October 10, 2011

Jane Austen



Oh how I love me a Jane Austen novel. I even love novels written in the style of Jane Austen novels and movies made from Jane Austen novels. How many times have I seen the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice? All one billion hours of it? I can't even begin to count. It would have been appropriate for me to catch a cold this weekend, after having traipsed through a muddy field (ruining my satin slippers) in order to find my sister or something. Alas, I was safe and dry all weekend, but I'm just saying....



Casie's look:




Well, I went with this dress because of the cut. Empire waist and scoop neck hits it on the head for a Regency look. The color palette is a bit dark for the era, however, I do love a certain novel entitled Pride & Prejudice with Zombies (a must read). This darker view of the period is a nod to a potential zombie takeover in England.

Dress- H&M
tights and shoes- Target
ring- family hand me down

necklace- Ebay

Kim's look:




"As Jillian also mentioned, the movie Clueless was based on Jane Austen's novel, Emma! In the movie, Cher had a strong affinity for plaid skirts and sweaters, which is the look I bring you today."

Sweater by Charter Club
tank by Nikibiki
skirt by Halogen
shoes by Nine West
Teardrop necklace by Silpada

Jillian's look:




"For Jane Austen, I went with an open neckline, empire waist, delicate shoes and jewelry, and hair pulled back. I know I've read several Jane Austen books, but they didn't stick with me. The movie Clueless, however, is a lasting favorite! Rollin' with the homies..."

shirt: H&M
pants: Gap
shoes: Anne Klein
bracelet/necklace: street market in London
earrings: James Avery

Tuesday challenge: Beetlejuice

No comments:

Post a Comment