Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mother Goose


Chelsea's look (first time player!!):


Chelsea is representing the Mother herself. Tell me a story, Chelsea Goose!

dress by anthropologie
shoes by Poetic License
jewelry by Ted Baker and Tracy Allen
glasses (oh so important) by Burberry!

Jilli's look:


"Baa baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full."

"It was the 3 bags that really made this rhyme the winner for me. I carry (at least) 3 bags out of the house every morning... my purse, by briefcase, school stuff, backpack, workout bag, etc. The black sheep today is in the clothing (and fortunately not in my mood!) :)"

sweater and scarf: Nordstrom Rack
shirt: Escada
pants: Ann Taylor

shoes: Banana
Republic
strawberry bag- Sprouts


Casie's look:

The nursery rhyme I say most often to my children is the one above. In fact, I use this a lot on little ones. I put them on my knee and say it as fast as I can whilst bouncing my knee for ultimate horse ride realism. I usually then have to repeat until the horse is completely worn out. So today I am sporting an equestrian sort of Calvin Klein-esque homage to the "fine lady upon the white horse". To be honest, the picture I had in my head was Laura Bennett from an old Project Runway episode where she was running around in riding gear (that was her "casual schlepping around" look).




*I have rings on my fingers. The bells on the toes was more complicated. However, I am wearing my Stella & Dot charm bracelet (that I love) that jingles around and bangs things while I am trying to type (kind of annoying, despite my love), so I am counting that.


shirt- Zara, thrifted (and stolen from the hubz)
jeans- Gloria Vanderbilt, thrifted
necklace- Ebay
charm bracelet- Stella & Dot
boots- Ariat

Tress' look:



"This was tough!!! I decided to be inspired by "Jill" a classic mother goose character. The flower/feather is my homage to Mother Goose."

Dress- Old Navy
T-shirt- Target
Shoes- MIA

Earrings/necklace- gift from m
y friend Dawn

Windy's look:



“Ring-a-ring o' roses,
A pocket full of posies,
Ashes! Ashes!
We all fall down.”

"So the dress, which I got at TJ Maxx, obviously represents the roses, and the shoes, which came from Ross and are some of my favorites, represent the posies. After Adam took the picture I fell down. Ok, no I didn’t really. There were also no ashes involved. J Well, I suppose that there are ashes behind me in the fireplace! Wow! Location styling!"


Thursday challenge: The Spice Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment