Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Film Noir



I am a lover of the past. Especially if you can romanticize it and make it look like the most glamorous place in the world. Where everyone is beautiful and well lit and smoking is an accessory, not a killer. Oh film noir, you do what you do so well...

Windy's look:



"the lady who breaks hearts"- don't the lips say it all.

dress- ancietn Carole Little
shoes- Franco Sarto

Tress' look:



Tress is "the lady in the trench coat".

dress- Dilliard's
shoes- Chinese Laundry
necklace- Target
earrings- Stella & Dot


Casie's look:



"the mysteriously pensive lady in black"

Am I worried that the real culprit will elude capture or that I might get caught myself?

dress: Express, hand-me-down
shoes: Laundry List, Ebay

Jilli's look:



"the lady hiding behind the door"

"This one was interesting for me... as I did some research (thank you wikipedia!) I realized that I don't think I've ever seen a film noir. The closest I came was my love for 'Moonlighting' in the 80's. However, I did my best femme fatale and tried to mimic the iconic lighting/film techniques."


jacket: Ann Taylor
blouse: Banana Republic
pants: Gap
belt and shoes: Nine West


Kim's look:



"the lady in the rain"

"My homage to noir. Taken at McCaig's Tower in Oban, Scotland."

Gortex jacket by Marmot
jeans by Lucky
Gortex shoes by Merrill
umbrella by Champion

Wednesday challenge: Mother Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment