Friday, September 9, 2011

Cops & Robbers



Well, my Dad is a cop and my mom is so obsessed with crime shows that everywhere she goes she packs a mini DVD player (even dragging it on a plane for cross country visits) so she can watch episodes of The Closer over and over again (and I mean REALLY over and over again). So I have some experience with this genre. I kind of wanted to go Cagney and Lacey, but I took a different route.

Casie's look:

*trooper pictured is not my dad :)

Let's call it an homage to my dad. He spent decades with the Texas Department of Public Safety (before coming out of retirement to be the Chief of Police for the Austin Community College System). Although he achieved great successes and became a high-ranking officer, in my mind's eye, he is the trooper that he was when I was a little girl. So today, I am representing the state troopers of Texas. I am sporting the uniform colors- sort of putty grey, with dashes of red, blue and gold. The brooch is my nod to a tin star.

dress as shirt- thrifted
skirt- hand me down
brooch- ??
shoes- Colin Stuart, Ebay

Kaitanya's look:


21 Jumpstreet. Aaaah, the memories. Didn't you all want to grow up to be a hot narc? And now, through fashion, we give props to the show that gave us Johnny Depp.

Jillian's look:


"Female TV detective, I salute you! So professional in your tailored jacket. So practical in your comfortable pant. So sexy with your full makeup, tight shirt, and ridiculous high heels. You can do everything a male detective does but backwards and in heels."

jacket: Kenneth Cole
shirt: Gap
jeans: Joe's
shoes: Anne Klein
gun: Buzz Lightyear

Windy's look:

Detective! I don't want to mess with you, officer.

jacket and shirt - Ann Taylor Loft
pants- Banana Republic

shoes- Sacha

Tress' look:



Finally a robber! I am going to tickle myself and call this look "Hamburgler Chic". BTW, those boots are sooooo cute.

Dress-AB Studios (Kohls)
Tights/Belt-Target

Shoes--Vera Wang for Kohls

Jewelry--Stella and Dot

SUPER COOL UPDATE! It doesn't get much more awesome than an ACTUAL tv detective.

Patti's Look:


"Me on the set of "Saving Grace" with a prop gun :-)"

Monday challenge: Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment