Thursday, February 9, 2012

Frank Lloyd Wright


Fashion can be very architectural.


Why not be inspired by a brilliant architect?




Casie's look:




I was Google image-ing last night to figure out what to wear today and I was beginning to think I might have stumped myself. Then I saw this image and immediately thought of this dress. I feel like the white and brown plaid mimics the intersecting lines of the house. I got this dress at Goodwill in Carthage, TX over the Christmas holiday. That Carthage Goodwill has done me right over the years. When I was in college, they would have these 99 cent sales. I scored most of my wardrobe at those sales. There is a matching vest that goes with the dress, but I don't wear it. It takes the dress to a very "Carol Brady" place.

dress- vintage, Goodwill
shoes- thrifted
earrings- Stella & Dot

Jilli's look:



For my Frank Lloyd Wright inspiration, I am wearing greens and browns, a floral motif scarf, and cut glass earrings and necklace.

Kim's look:



Inspired today by FLW's clean lines, I'm wearing a Classiques suit with a lined pattern. Paired with a Silpada necklace that reminds me of a water drop for his Fallingwater house in PA.

Friday challenge:

FREE DAY!
Pick your own outfit and send me a pic of what you do when left to your own devices. BUT...you still have a challenge: Please give me a list of your top-3 beauty must haves. We need to share some intel fo sho!

No comments:

Post a Comment