Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Who is your style icon?

Fashion Icons...I am not even adding a picture here. I think they are in the eye of the beholder.


Casie's look:




a miss in my opinion, but bless her for trying it out


I have been in love with this dress since I first saw it. It is kind of the dress of my dreams.


blurry but trying


fearless hair flair

I kind of think I am all over the place fashion-wise. I have a bit of fashion ADD and I get all excited about one kind of look and then switch to another. Most recently I got all caught up watching multiple seasons of Rachel Zoe and went out and bought a bunch of flowy tops and ridiculously high heels. That being said, I chose Sarah Jessica Parker for my style icon. I have always admired the way she puts it out there (win or fail miserably). She is quirky, includes vintage, likes ladylike, takes chances. So today I am giving her a nod. Mostly I am being breezy, colorful and with hair flair. Hope she approves.

shrug and tights- Target
dress- thrifted
hair flair- made by me

Kim's look:



"One of my favorite shows is Project Runway, and today I was inspired by the host of the show, Heidi Klum. She usually wears a dress for her hosting duties, and most of them are dresses I would love to own. Because you know in fashion... One day you are in, and the next day you're out!"

Dress from a little boutique called Francesca's (great stuff for great prices - this dress was only $36!!), paired with Stella and Dot jewelry, Ann Klein tights and Coach heels.

Jilli's look:

"My style icon inspiration today is my sister, Ali. Even when pregnant, Ali is always wearing the latest styles. I am especially grateful to her for encouraging me to accessorize and inspiring me with her own choices! In her honor I am wearing skirt and boots with kicky tights, and I am bedecked with some of my fabulous Stella & Dot jewelry. I know it wouldn’t even make a dent at Hoopla, but for me, I am loaded down."
Skirt: Target, tights: Macy’s, boots: Corso Como, shirt and sweater: H&M, jewelry: Stella & Dot

Thursday challenge: GONE WITH THE WIND

p.s. don't forget the bestie jewelry challenge...you could win!

No comments:

Post a Comment