Thursday, January 5, 2012

Rocky Horror Picture Show


So...come up to the lab and see what's on the slab. I see you shiver with antici--------pation.




Casie's look:



I love me some Frank N Furter. I don't know why....but that dude is SEXY to me. I spent a lot of time up to the Rocky Show when I was in high school. It was a good reason to stay out really late and wear really inappropriately revealing clothing (ahhh youth). Today I am dressed as Mr. Furter in his "Doctor" gear. I think my teal dress kind of looks scrubby and I have a pink brooch for the triangle flair upon his chest. I am bedecked with pearls and I even added a little pink at the wrist for the rubber gloves. (Notice I am trying to do my best Frank N Furter expressive eyebrow pose.)

Dress- vintage Leslie Fay, thrifted
necklaces, bracelet and pin- vintage and Ebay (the pin is vintage AVON- ooooo)
belt- thrifted
pumps- Calvin Klein
Cocktail ring- HSN- Christmas present from the MIL (she rocks!)



Jillian's look:



"I did watch the Rocky horror picture show several times in my youth. Today I am evoking the dark costumes and content with a black ensemble and white accents. Black sweater from Nordstrom with open weave to echo the lace in the movie. Black top and skirt from target. Black tights with white stripes from loft (thank you Kim). And I think Tim Curry wears pearls in the movie."


Kim's look:






"It's just a jump to the left... I am a very big Rocky Horror fan - and saw it way too many times to mention. Yes, when we went to the show, we had our big bag with toast, rice, toilet paper, etc. Today, I'm a guest at the "lovely party" (anyone get that reference?) when Brad and Janet first arrive at the Frankenstein house. I'm ready to do the Time Warp!!"
"AT Loft cardigan, Hanes tee and Tahari slacks, paired with of course - white socks and Mary Janes!! I added some chunky Stell and Dot jewelry, a snakeskin patterned scarf and sparkly sunglasses for the fun of it all! Let's do the Time Warp again!"

Friday challenge: The Game of Monopoly

No comments:

Post a Comment