Monday, November 7, 2011

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory



Ok, I like the classic Willy Wonka movie better. Sorry. That is just the way it is. You will have to just take that and like it. On a less surly note, this post is making me want a Wonka Bar real bad.......



Mostly the oompa loompas are infinitely better. You just can't deny the truth.



Casie's look:




I like the black, suited elegance of Augustus Gloop. I also think if I had to bite the dust in a magical candy factory, that a chocolate waterfall accident is the way to go.

jacket- 40's vintage
skirt- thrifted
belt- Target
boots- Ariat


Rachelle's look:




"Inspired by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :) I loved both versions of the movie..top-XXI, pants-old navy, shoes- TOMS (gifted)"

Chelsea 2's look:




"I love the classic "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!" Their something more magical and whimsical that settles nice with me that I just don't get in the remake (no offense Mr. Depp). I was inspired by Wonka's floral vest and purple blazer. I ditched the green bow-tie and top hat for black platform suede boots from Earthies, black leggings from Target, floral dress and sweater from Express. Happy Monday!"

Jillian's look:



"I have fond feelings for Gene Wilder (and yes, Casie, about Joan Wilder too...) I am not that familiar with the Willie Wonka movie. However, I do remember that initial scene where they enter the fabulous land of candy. So today, I was inspired by the chocolate waterfall and have dressed in a symphony of chocolate browns: milk chocolate sweater by Banana Republic, dark chocolate pants by Gap, shoes by Jessica Simpson, and cascading golden chains and earrings by Stella & Dot. Mmm... now I want some chocolate. Luckily we have halloween candy nearby! PS did you see the Top Chef Just Desserts episode where they re-created the land of candy scene for real and then kids got to try everything; it was awesome."


Kim's look:

"Believe it or not, I have never read any of the Willy Wonka books, nor have I seen either of the movies! But I do know that Willy wears a really great jacket and a top hat. So with that in mind, I'm in my silk blazer by Mary Caryl Giltner Serritella, paired with a black Ann Taylor tank and Theory slacks, topped with my husband's black fedora!"
Tuesday challenge: Dog the Bounty Hunter (or his wife, Beth)

2 comments:

  1. You all did a great job styling like the Wonka cast. Love the purple dress with the boots the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting concept for a blog! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and the compliment on my hair :)

    ReplyDelete