Monday, November 21, 2011

Safari





Safari is quite the trend. I don't own a lot of khaki, but I like the idea of a safari look all the same. Remember back in the day when Banana Republic had like old rusty jeeps and palm fronds in the window? What happened to that? Things have gotten corporate in the Republic of Bananas. But I digress... You do not have to brave lions and tigers and bears to go all "exotic explorer".




Casie's look:



I am feeling kind of Out of Africa today. I could oversee my coffee plantation with bravery and strength.

Jacket: gifted
pants: Limited, thrifted
shirt: thrifted
necklace: Macy's, gift
boots: Guess, DSW

Kim's look:



*I decided that Kim's sweater looks leopard-y and so I have made this a photo safari :)

"If only this challenge was two months ago. I have a wonderful khaki suit that looks like it belongs on a safari leader. But alas, it has short sleeves and it was 38 degrees outside this morning. I went with a safari-toned Lucky Brand sweater, a brown Nikibiki tee and brown Nine West slacks. Ellen Tracy booties complete the look."



Jillian's look:


"I used to have a great safari jacket that made it into the donation pile when I was 30 pounds heavier... I miss it now! For me, safari means earth tones, boots, and a belted jacket. Today I went with sweater from Ann Taylor Loft (thanks Kim!) and Banana Republic belt, Sofft boots (gotta get me some knee-high brown boots), and Gap pants. Jewelry by Stella & Dot."



Chelsea's look:




"I went retro or vintage safari. Greeen cords are Banana Republic (how appropo), as is my cream shawlneck sweater. The coat is anthropologie. I am ready for my encampment..."



"I am apparently hunting the big 5 in my office bathroom, perhaps with inspector gadget."

Tuesday challenge: Mary Poppins

No comments:

Post a Comment