Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mythical Beast

Casie's look:





I am the mythical phoenix.  Well, I am the ashes and the fire from the phoenix, so I guess I am that space of time between when the phoenix is and is not a phoenix.  Skirt- ashes, sweater- fire.  PHOENIX!  Oh, I did wear feather earrings, so you know...a few feathers left in the ashes and all...

skirt- handed down
sweater- Newport News fashions
shoes- old, but I think I got them at Walmart

Lisa's look:


* just pretend Lisa got a perm

I had an emergency dentist appointment today, so I'm not playing. But I planned to be a liger - "It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic." - Napoleon Dynamite


Kim's look:





Snakeskin patterned dress. Call me Medusa or a basilisk!

Dress- Allen B
Necklace- Stella & Dot


Jilli's look:




My mythical beast inspiration is a dragon, specifically embodied by Maleficent. Purple and black, with patterns on the top and scarf which resemble dragon scales.  

Top: Lucy & Laurel, scarf: Shanghai market, pants: Gap, jewelry: Stella & Dot.

Thursday challenge:  Ballerina

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sad I don't get to see a sartorial interpretation of liger. But not too sad, because the other ones are awesome. Maleficent is my favorite villian, and Casie's explanation of the exact timeline in a Phoenix's lifespan she was dressing made me LOL. :)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete