Friday, July 29, 2011

Cosmetic Counter Girl



Ahhh those lovely ladies dressed all in black at the mall. Perfect make-up (I mean they sell it, why not?). I find the cosmetics area in most major department stores to be sort of a dreamy place. Everything is so organized and shiny and the potential for maximum beauty perfection is great.

Ali's look:






Ali is pleased to offer a gift with purchase in today's photo but sorry folks, she is keeping this little gal for herself. As you can see, Ali's little bit is every bit the fashionista her mom is.

Jeans: Genetic Denim
T Shirt: Target
Vesty thing (inspired by the "smocks" you often see a cosmetic counter girl in): Anthropologie
Shoes: Nordstrom Rack
Jewelry: Hematite Heiress Hoops (they're reversible!), silver bardot bangle, hematite cupchain double wrap bracelet, trifecta wrap, hematite curb chain, jaguar necklace, all stelladot.com/ali


Casie's look:







I am not, in general, a wearer of the pants. I prefer dresses and skirts, so don't expect this kind of thing very often. For some reason, I just felt pants fit the look better. Once my husband snapped the pic, I realized that I created an outfit that is very Olivia Newton John at the end of Grease. Which is also cool because back in the day, I thought that outfit (and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader uniform) were pretty much the definition of sexy. I particularly enjoy the headband I am wearing. It is a bow, but it is covered in little gold rivet thingees so it is sweet and a little salty.




jeans- American Apparel, thrifted
shirt- Mossimo, thrifted
shoes- Target
earrings- Target
belt- thrifted and also seen here
headband- Target

Monday's Challenge: Disney's Pop Century Resort (challenge presented by Ali's sister Jillian)

Fri

2 comments:

  1. oooo! I love the all black outfit! black and the best is so so slimming!

    -Heather from lifeofapasseri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, Thanks for the sweet comments! You should give us a suggestion for a challenge.

    ReplyDelete