Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Anna Sui Inspiration



So today we were challenged to reinterpret a specific Anna Sui look. This was harder than I thought, but we persevered.

So basically you can break this look down into several mini-trends:
layers
bared leg with boots
jewel tones
floral accessories
mixed patterns

Obviously everything don't work for everybody, so reinterpret what works for you (with who you are and what ya got).

Casie's Look:
I chose to use jewel tones, bared leg with boots and floral accessories.




So I don't own a pair of shorts and I wore this lovely jewel toned dress instead. Too hot for tights? Forget em. Too hot for jackets and don't have a vest? Forget em. Mixed patterns...hmmm couldn't find anything to work. Floral accessory? Well I knew I wanted to nod to the flower necklace and I was searching the house to figure out what I could re-purpose. Then I found this shawl/scarf that I never wear. A: it had a floral print, B: It was fringey like the necklace, c: I have been interested in trying the scarf as bibby necklace thing that is happening lately. Ta Da!

dress- Giani Bini- on semi-permanent lend from Ali
scarf- I think Target?
boots- Ariat

belt- thrifted
bracelet- a necklace that belonged to Ali's sweet Grandma Lil- a score from Ali helping her clean out her stuff

Ali's look:
Ali worked layers, jewel tones- purple was specifically in the look, floral accessory






Ali is preggers city which presents even more challenges for her because she is growing out of all her clothes but not really big enough to get maternity clothes (aka FRUSTRATED).

She mostly chose to focus on the upper body cuz some of the rest of her was not cooperating with her wardrobe. And also in the detail department, she chose funky shoes so as to emulate the textured stockings and the fastenings on the boots.

shrug- Liz Lange Maternity
tank- Old Navy
Strapless shirt underneath- ??
Skinny Jeans- Genetic denim
shoes- Nine West
Accessories: Astor 5 Strand necklace, Plume brooch, Bardot spiral bangle in silver, Devi bangles in silver, metallic Clover Leather Wrap bracelet, Tudor Studs, and Nouvelle Ring, all stelladot.com/ali

Tomorrow's challenge is: Ice Cream Cone
**This was submitted to us in comments by Stephanie. Stephanie, if you are out there and have a blog or something kind of like it, let me know your info and I will link to you from this post.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Maggie! Ali is ever styling on the jewelry because she is a Stella & Dot diva extraordinaire. Selling jewelry has its perks!

    ReplyDelete